An image of why God has brought me here

An image of why God has brought me here
Meet Elvis. His smile is the defintion of joy. This is just one of the many faces you are praying for

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can You Imgaine

"Can You Imagine"

---- my friend Redempta came to visit me this past week!!!! I met her when I was in Kenya in 2007 and we became really good friends. We were both praying to be able to see one another since I am back in East Africa, and the Lord in His graciousness worked out the details for us! She took a 12 hour bus ride to Kampala to stay with me for a few days!!!! When we said goodbye 2 years ago, we never imagined we'd have the opportunity to meet again!! GOD IS GOOD!

This quote is something that she says anytime something is unbelievable to her. Its my absolute favorite thing to hear her say!
------
Love and friendship

2 things that I am exponentially seeing surpass the boundaries of language and culture. I want so badly to be able to explain this to you in a way that captures the essence of its beauty. Though I know I won't be able to get all of the words correct, I pray that your heart feels the warmth in knowing how big our God is and how His love is far greater than anything we can ever understand, imagine, or contain.

Example 1)
A 5 year old Ugandan girl who speaks only Luganda runs towards a 23 year old American girl that speaks only English……..she picks the child up in her arms, swings her around, and they both have smiles on their faces larger than life. Tears almost fill my eyes as I think of the love I have for this small child, Zina. We have never said anything more to each other than “How are you? Fine” or “Olyotya? Jiindi” (Luganda greeting) yet my heart is attached to her beautiful smile, the way she casts her eyes downwards when she’s being shy, and the way she runs towards me when she is excited.
Zero words are needed to share our emotions. Our hearts are able to illuminate love in a way that doesn’t require anything created by humans. The depth of this type of communication cannot be put in to words. It makes sense---- something that doesn’t need words surely can’t be explained by them.

............ this is To Be Continued

No comments: